1. To 10 year old Me: "You're wrong. I know it doesn't seem like it today, but things will be okay again. And you will be happy again. And you will one day look back at today, and see how it shaped you into who will be... and in good ways."
2. To 24 year old Me: "Don't sell it. You're a busy mom to three very small children. You don't have time to practice, and it costs money you don't currently possess to fix it. But someday, you will look back and kinda wish you still had your flute."
3. To 8 year old Me: "Tell Mom it was your fault. Do it now, get it over with. Save yourself 8 years of guilt. She knows, anyway."
4. To 22 year old Me: "Don't be in such a hurry to get to the next phase. Enjoy what you have while you have it. It flees so quickly."
5. To 18 year old Me: "Just go home. You don't belong here and you are lost. Wait and start over next year. But wait at home where you aren't alone."
6. To 14 year old Me (and 15 year old Me, and 16 year old Me, and 17 year old Me): "Be nicer to your dad. He's not really trying to ruin your life."
7. To 33 year old Me: "Pay attention to manipulation. It comes in many forms and you are blind to most of them."
8. To Me at just about every age: "Enjoy where you are. Dream, hope, plan for the future, yes. But enjoy where you are right now."
9. To 15 year old Me: "Umm, you know that Mom doesn't really buy that it's cooler a block away, right?"
10. To Yesterday Me: "Don't let who you think you are expected to be become who you think you must be. Be who you are. Nothing more, nothing less."